Sunday, February 13, 2005

URBAN BEACHES

Taste the sea when you lay against me
And not the sweat of a long day’s work
For I always said we would go there
Every time you brought it up
But the ocean does not pay the bills
And the waves of passing traffic
Outside our bedroom window
May never be surfed or waded through
But there is sand and sunshine
In the park around the swings
If we were to go there in the morning
With a basket of food and wine
I would put a towel down for you
To sun yourself while you read
Whatever it is women read on beaches
While the men try not to look
At so much exposed flesh
Instead wondering out to pee in the sea
And pretend that sharks are coming
To keep their erections down
But I’ll have no water to hide in
And I will come up with other ways
To watch your skin as it gathers sun.
For example, I may get on the swing
Since it would just be hanging there
And while watching your breasts
I might say, "Push me. Push me."

No comments: